Today, the attention is focused on the statistics on the labor market in the United States. Yesterday's economic reports supported the US currency. According to the ADP, in May 253K jobs were created, which is by 36.7% more than the forecasted value. At the same time, the number of initial claims for unemployment benefits increased from 235K to 248K. The index of business activity in the US manufacturing sector from ISM increased to 54.9. Market expectations were at 54.5.
At the moment, most experts expect an economic slowdown in the labor market in the United States. Nevertheless, the statistics published yesterday indicates that today's report may exceed the forecasted values.
The "black gold" quotes show negative dynamics (-1.5% of WTI crude oil). Donald Trump has broken the Paris Agreement, which is aimed at combating climate change.
Yesterday the bullish sentiment prevailed on the US stock market. SPY (SPDR S&P 500 ETF) has updated historic highs and completed trading at 243.36 USD (+0.80%).
At the moment, the 10-year US government bonds yield is in the range of 2.21-2.22%.
During yesterday's trading, the US dollar rose against the major world currencies. The growth of the dollar index (#DX) was 0.26%.
Today, the following statistics is in the focus of attention:
- – the index of business activity in the construction sector in the UK at 11:30 (GMT+3:00);
- – the average hourly wage in the US at 15:30 (GMT+3:00);
- – change in the number of employed in the non-agricultural sector of the US at 15:30 (GMT+3:00);
- – the proportion of the economically active population in the US at 15:30 (GMT + 3: 00);
- – the unemployment rate in the US at 15:30 (GMT + 3: 00).
This article reflects a personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an investment advice, and/or offer, and/or a persistent request for carrying out financial transactions, and/or a guarantee, and/or a forecast of future events.