Today, the news background is calm. At the moment, the majors are in the process of consolidation. Investors expect a number of important macroeconomic data to be published on Wednesday, July 12. There are 3 key events:
- – Report on the labor market in the UK. Most experts expect the main indicators to deteriorate.
- – The Fed's Chairman Yellen's speech before the US Congress. It should be recalled that last week the Bureau of Labor Statistics released a fairly optimistic report on the labor market. Yellen's comments may strengthen expectations regarding another increase in the interest rate this year.
- – Meeting of the Bank of Canada. At the moment, most experts believe that the regulator will raise the key interest rate by 25 basis points to 0.75%.
In the Asian trading session, the quotations of "black gold" showed a positive trend. At the moment, futures for WTI crude oil are being traded above $ 44.5 per barrel.
Yesterday, the major US stock indices showed mixed results: #SPY (+0.11%), #DIA (-0.03%), #QQQ (+0.65%).
The 10-year US government bonds yield is close to monthly highs (2.38-2.39%).
The publication of important economic reports is not planned today
- – Speeches by representatives of the Bank of England Haldane and Broadbent – 12:00 (GMT+3:00) and 14:00 (GMT+3:00), respectively;
- – The volume of new homes construction in Canada – 15:15 (GMT+3:00);
- – The number of open jobs in the JOLTS labor market – 17:00 (GMT+3:00).
by 2017.07.11, We advise you to get acquainted with the daily forecasts for the major currency pairs.
This article reflects a personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an investment advice, and/or offer, and/or a persistent request for carrying out financial transactions, and/or a guarantee, and/or a forecast of future events.Cadastro