The MetaTrader 4 applications are run on devices with iOS and Android OS and installed in a few clicks. Today we are going to tell you how to install and start mobile trading with MT4 app via “apple” gadgets – iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad.
Follow a few simple steps to install MetaTrader 4 on your iPhone:
- Open the AppStore.
- Type “metatrader 4”, “metaquotes” or “mt4” into the search field and choose “MetaTrader 4” from the search results.
- Click on the cloud icon.
- Wait till the installation is complete. After that, the MT4 icon will be added to your home screen.
If your broker provides a link for downloading MT4, you can download it directly from the broker`s website.
Launching the MetaTrader 4
The first time you launch the app, you will see the window with the following options: start without registration, open a personal demo account, login to an existing account.
To return to the «New Account» window, go to the «Settings» tab, choose «Trading accounts» and click on «+».
Start without registration
An anonymous demo account is a perfect choice for those who want to explore the platform and to trade with virtual money, without indicating any personal data. Just click “Start without registration” and an anonymous demo-account will be automatically opened.
You can trade with an anonymous account only via one device, as it is opened without registration.
Open a personal demo account
If you don`t already have an account, you can create a personal demo account directly in the app. To open a personal demo account:
- Choose “Open a personal demo account.”
- Type the name of the broker into the search field and choose the appropriate trading server.
- Specify your personal data and account information and click “Register”.
Only a demo account can be opened in the platform. To create a live one, please sign in to the official broker`s website.
Login to an existing account
- Choose “Login to an existing account.”
- Type a name of the broker in the search field. Choose the necessary trading server in the appeared window.
- Enter the login and password and click “Sign in”.
- After that, the “Quotes” window will be opened.
There is a toolbar with five tabs at the bottom of your home screen:
Quotes. Click here to view real-time quotations of financial instruments.
Chart. Click here to view price chart; select the timeframe and add indicators.
Trade. Click here to view the current state of a trade account, information on open orders; close or modify an order.
History. Click here to view the history of conducted orders.
Settings. Click here to add or delete an account; modify the chart; view news; check your email.
How to open an order?
To open an order:
- In the “Quotes” tab click on the currency pair you would like to trade. Choose “Trade” in the pop-up window.
- Indicate the volume and type of the order, place Stop Loss, Take Profit and Deviation in the following window. After all is specified, click “Buy” or “Sell” depending on the type of operation.
- If you want to open a pending order, click “Instant Execution” and select the type of pending order in the drop-down list: Buy Limit, Sell Limit, Buy Stop or Sell Stop.
As you can see, the installation and login to the account take a couple of minutes. Now, when the MT4 is installed on your Apple device, you can trade anytime and anywhere.