MetaTrader 4 mobile apps are used for online trading via smartphones and tablets. You download them for free and install on the gadgets powered by Android and iOS. Installation is quick – a couple of seconds and the app is on your smartphone, login to the account takes about 1 min. 3 sec., we noted the time.
Today, we are going to install MT4 for Android. So, ready, steady…
First, check whether your smartphone meets system requirements. The gadget with Android OS, Android 4.0 version or higher is required.
- Open Google Play Store and type “MetaTrader 4” into the search field or follow a link on broker`s webpage.
- Choose “MetaTrader 4” and click “Install”.
- Accept app permissions.
- Done! After the installation is complete, the “MetaTrader 4” icon will be added to your home screen.
How to start
Launch the installed app. After launching MT4 Android, you will be offered the following options:
- start without registration;
- open a personal demo account;
- login to an existing account.
Start without registration
You can start trading without registration. What does it mean? The program creates you an anonymous demo account. It is tied to the device from which you log in. So, trading on this account via other devices is not possible.
Open a personal demo account
If you want to open your personal demo account and trade on it from any device, then:
- Click “Open a personal demo account”.
- Type the name of the broker in the search field and choose the appropriate trading server.
- Fill in the fields with personal data, indicate account information and click “Create account”.
Note: only a demo account can be opened in the platform. To open a live trading account, go to the official broker`s website and sign in.
Note: Be sure to save your password and account number.
Login to an existing account
If you already have a demo or live account:
- Choose “Login to an existing account”.
- Find a broker and select the necessary trading server – Live or Demo.
- Enter the login and password and click “Sign in”.
Note: If you downloaded the terminal from the official broker`s website, the name of your broker will display automatically.
If you have entered the correct data, the “Quotes” window will be opened. At the bottom of the home screen you will find a toolbar.
The toolbar includes 5 tabs:
Quotes. Click here to view real-time quotations.
Charts. Click here to view price chart.
Trade. Click here to view the current state of a trade account, open/modify/close order.
History. Click here to view the history of conducted trades.
News. Click here to view news.
How to open an order?
To open an order:
- Go to the “Quotes” window, then click on the currency pair, for example EURUSD.
- Choose “New order” in the context menu.
- After that, indicate the amount of the order, place Stop Loss and Take Profit, and select the type of operation (Buy or Sell) in the appeared form.
- To open a pending order, click on “Instant Execution” and select an order from the drop-down list.
That is how easy and simple you can install MT4 Android on your smartphone and start mobile trading. Now you can trade from anywhere – on vacation, on the way, at work. All that you need is a device with an installed platform and internet access (either mobile internet GPRS/EDGE/3G or WiFi).